Verifier Training: Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
About the course
The course is designed for those who need to understand the process of internal quality assurance (IQA) and prepare them to achieve the award which is of three QCF units:
1. Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
2. Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
3. Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
The course comprises a one day workshop which will introduce the following:
- The role of quality assurance in the delivery of qualifications
- The principles of quality assurance
- The development of quality systems and processes
- Practical quality auditing techniques
- The role of the Internal Quality Assurer
- How quality assurance works in a range of different contexts
- Managing others
- An introduction to the units of assessment listed above
Achieving your qualification
Following completion of the training workshop, you will be given time to develop your skills. You will receive an individual assessment plan to outline the evidence that is required to achieve the units and the qualification. Your evidence will need to include:
1. A report showing you understand the assessment criteria specified in the unit; Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
2. A report describing how you assure quality according to the criteria specified in the unit; Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment. You will need to link this report to pieces of workplace evidence that you have generated as part of your role as a quality assurer.
3. A report describing how you manage others in the assurance of quality according to the criteria specified in the unit; Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility. You will need to link this report to pieces of workplace evidence that you have generated as part of your leadership role.
All your evidence will need to be presented in a portfolio. Once completed your portfolio will be assessed by one of our team of assessors who will determine if the evidence presented is relevant, reliable and sufficient to meet the requirements of the units.
The course is available either as a bespoke course or via open courses. It can be arranged and run at short notice anywhere in the country for any number of learners. Contact us for details of the next available course.
The cost of this qualification is £800 plus vat: which covers attending an open course, unit assessments, verification and Awarding Organisation fees.
Bespoke courses are costed on an individual basis depending on exact requirements.
Register for this award by clicking on the link below or by calling 01379 676545.