Assessor Training: Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
About the course
The course is designed for those who need to understand the principles of assessment and prepare them to achieve the award which is formed of two QCF units:
1. Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
2. Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
Achieving your qualification
To be able to achieve this qualification you must have access to a learning environment where learners are assessed for vocationally related competence.
Following completion of the Assessor Training Workshop you will be given time to develop your skills as an assessor. You will receive an individual assessment plan to outline the evidence that is required to achieve the units and the qualification.
Your evidence will need to include:
1. A report showing you understand the assessment criteria specified in the unit; Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
2. A report describing how you assess according to the criteria specified in the unit; Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding. You will need to link this report to evidence collected during the assessment. Your evidence must show you have assessed at least two different candidates using a variety if different assessment methods.
3. An observation report from your assessor where you have been observed completing an assessment.
All your evidence will need to be presented in a portfolio. Once completed your portfolio will be assessed by one of our team of assessors who will determine if the evidence presented is relevant, reliable and sufficient to meet the requirements of the unit.
The course is available either as a bespoke course or via open courses. It can be arranged and run at short notice anywhere in the country for any number of learners. Contact us for details of the next available course.
The cost of this qualification is £600 plus vat: which covers attending an open course, unit assessment, verification and Awarding Organisation fees. Bespoke courses are costed on an individual basis depending on exact requirements.
Please note: This does not include your assessor's travel costs for observed assessment. This will be calculated on an individual basis.
Bespoke courses are also costed on an individual basis depending on exact requirements.
Register for this award by clicking on the link below or by calling 01379 676545.